McKenna's elementary (which just opened last fall) recently celebrated 100 days of school! Whoo-Hoo! If that ain't a reason to celebrate, I don't know what is. For school they were required to bring 100 of something. Having forgotten about it until the night before, I went all out and sent 100 straws to school with her. Brilliant, I know.
So, apparently they had other exciting "100" activities that day, one of which was making their own little book called - what else - 100! McKenna brought her book home the other day and I'm not sure whether to be amused or concerned. Either way it made me laugh. It also made me wonder if I should seek out help for her...
I know you're all dying to see what she had to say. So let's check out page 1, shall we? But first let me add for my own vanity that this is not McKenna's best show of artistic ability. She was either feeling lazy this day or they didn't have much time to work on them. Ok, I'm done making excuses - page 1:
A NEW FAMILY???
And not just a new family, but a new family she can get for $100 that would also include a sister. Well, that's just great. I'm not sure I can handle the fact that McKenna would rather have a cheap new family that the lame one she has now. *sniff* When I asked her about this, she just giggled and said, "I messed up on that one." Way to make it all better, right?
Whatever, let's move onto page 2.
100 candies...I guess that's pretty normal. I mean, who wouldn't want 100 candies, right? Unless you're a parent that has to keep saying, "If you ask me for ONE more candy, I'm throwing it all in the GARBAGE!!"
My favorite part of this one is the look of sheer horror on her stick figure face at the idea of having 100 brothers. I'm guessing if we have another baby and it's a boy, her life as she knows it will be destroyed. No pressure.
Here's the best one - page 3.
Yes, that does say cil (aka kill) myself; yes, that is a knife in her hand; and yes, that is blood...lots of it.
This is usually the type of picture that is followed up by a concerned phone call from the school counselor. But either the teacher didn't look over these 100 books, or she saw the logic in the picture. As McKenna said when I asked her about it, "I don't want to be alive in 100 years. I'd be so OLD!" So you see, perfectly logical that she would want to brutally kill herself with a knife at the age of 107. Honestly, who wouldn't?
The last one isn't nearly as...uh...entertaining, but is still worth looking at.
Again with the candy. If you're wondering how many times a day I threaten to throw away the kids' candy because they constantly ask for it, I would have to say...100. I can't blame her on the vechubls (vegetables) though. I can't say I'd like to eat 100 of them either.
If you feel the need to leave a recommendation for a good child psychologist - be my guest!
Emergency Placement Call
3 months ago

10 comments:
I don't think I can laugh any harder without waking my kids up. What a hoot! If you do get that phone call, play it up! I can just see what I have to look forward to in a few years.
ROFL! Oh my goodness! I love that girl. I bet there's someone out there that would sell their baby girl for $100. Maybe McKenna can do a little internet searching. After your email, I just had to take the next chance I got (before class at school) to check your blog. So worth being late to class for! =o)
Thank McKenna for the laughs! And thank you for posting it on your very entertaining blog. See you Sunday, right?
-D-
That is absolutely hilarious!!! I had to contain myself before I answered my phone because I was laughing so hard and that was just the first page. I guess you better work on getting her a sister :)
I think that all girls want a sister until they get one.. unless your my daughter she told us if we had another girl she would move in with grandma and she is only 3, talk about spoiled. Well i laughed so hard you have to love little girls!!
LOL! WOW! That was quite entertaining. Kenna want's a new mommy. snif, snif. That is almost as bad as wanting a new family. It's a girl thing.
Oh, I just saw your comment about the reunion. I'm not going to be able to go. :o( It is the week that I am due. I will either be having a baby or have a new born baby. But I will be in AZ for two weeks at the end of May and beginning of June. I wish there was a way to meet up then. Also, We will be in AZ for sure for Christmas too. Just incase you were toying with the idea of going then. :o)
McKenna, I am with you on the ciling myself in 100 years. Unless wheel chairs are more fun than they look.
Oh Sheri! That is the most hilarious thing I have ever read! Your little gal has the cutest personality! I must say, I really shouldn't have read this post during nap time...I was laughing so hard that I woke my little guy! It really was so worth it though! Thanks for sharing!!
I actually read this blog a long time ago, but I didn't leave a comment. I don't think you need to beat yourself up about it. She is very creative and I am sure I said and did things like that when I was her age. I have a diary that states, "I like to clean so that mom and dad don't yell at me or hit me". I so got spanked like once or twice, but it left an impression on me never to do whatever it was I did, ever again! I enjoyed seeing you and Brandon at the McFadden's party last night. I sit there and always tell Dave that we should double date or you and me get together for a playdate, even though I have one child, but still.
Hahaha I linked to your blog from Facebok. I am so glad that I did, I am still laughing at her last entry!! In a 100 years she hopes she can "cil" herself!! That is priceless...made my night!! I have to agree that I also do not want to live to be 107.
Post a Comment