Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Remember Me?

So my friend Janet had this fun post on her blog, and I think it is a most fabulous idea. So please be a trooper and play along, it will make my day. May I introduce...

The Memory Game!

Here are the rules:


1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! If you don't have a blog and don't know how to sign in, please comment as anonymous.


2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll be sure to write one about you... either on your blog, in my comment box, or I will email you back!


(Sorry to totally c&p your description Janet, you just described it so wonderfully!)


I'm excited about this one and will be checking my computer like a mad woman, so don't leave me hangin'!

11 comments:

janet said...

I have memories from when I was 6 or 7.. playing at Marcie's house with you. I was always impressed with your close group of friends (Julie, Melissa, etc) and how you were always laughing together.

I will remember you LOVING your job at Lagoon. I am sure you had so many good times working there..

A little while ago (maybe a year or so?) I was sitting with my parents in sacrament meeting and I turned to my mom and said, "Who is that cute blonde family sitting on the side bench?" She said, "That's Sheri and her cute family!" We couldn't see your faces, but you all looked perfectly primped and your kids were so well behaved.

We will have to have a big reunion one of these days!

Frandsen Family said...

Sheri,
I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!
My memory of you is our girls nights (which I am really missing!) and sitting out in your van just talking well past midnight. Ya know, It's good to have a friend to go through struggles with!
-Brandi

Sheri said...

Janet, I love those memories of playing at Marcie's. And I did love my job at Lagoon - those were some of the best days of my life. You're too sweet.

Brandi, we are definitely due for a girls night! Even if Julie is too painfully busy to ever join us ;o) - that's for you Julie if you run across this.

Frandsen Family said...

Sheri,
Thanks for the comment on our blog. Just remember that even though Cody and I were the first and only neighbors around, we are still the best ones!

Amelia said...

Hey there! I'll do one on yours if you do one on mine! I remember hanging out at your house, maybe a sleepover and that you were currently obsessed with The Yellow Submarine movie. Hilarious! I must have just moved in to good old Heritage 5th.

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Well I dont have a lot of memories seeing as though we have never really hung out.. BUt i remember the first time i met you and i was so nervous and i met you and you were and still are the nicest, sweetest person i have ever met!! I am glad to know you and be a part of your life.

bri&jul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JulesandBriPoulson said...

Oh, there are so many fun times with you guys! My favorite memories are getting to know you guys and realizing all the crazy similarities we have over our shared love of Mexican food, and of course being pregnant together and delivering on the same day!!! I also remember one of the first visits we ever had. (myself as your visiting teacher) my lovely Caden, whom was a baby, left a soggy messy of fruit snack on your coach!! I was terrified, you didn't worry about it at all. You became my good friend anyway! I can think other good times...our donut falls hike where were the kids were holding hands and we could just visit. You always have great stories. Oh, good times. OK, So Julie's not too busy after all- lets do that girls night!!!

D said...

Well, I don't know you very well. My memories of you are so limited - I kid, I kid! Let's see... I've known you for 29 years. Oh my... I could really draw some attention to myself if I were to show the emotion I feel as I start thinking about the good, the bad, the sad, and silly times of our lives together.
As I'm thinking about this, I don't know how much of this will be specific memories and how much will be just general ramblings about you. It's funny, for how close you and I are, we really have very separate lives. Out side of our occasional special days together and our Monday lunches and family gatherings, we don't do much together and never really have. But you are the one I want to tell all my silly little details and observations to. You are the person I can most be myself with and say anything to. As you know, growing up, I wasn't a very good sister to you, not that is was all bad, but I used to tease you, scare you, threaten to have imaginary people hurt you, and ignore you. I remember freaking out when you'd borrow certain clothes or jackets from me without asking. I'm sorry. These days, you could take anything I own without asking and I would probably be happy I could provide something to you that you wanted.
I do remember good times on LONG road trips with the family playing silly little games to ourselves entertained. I had fun when we'd try to make each other laugh and when we'd try to guess what movie quotes were from. Remember looking out the bunk bed window in the camper and rolling as we’d go around every corner?
I miss the days of living at mom & dad's and being your roommate in Layton. I miss how it felt to feel like we had all the time in the world to talk till we'd covered every emotion we've ever felt about all life changing stuff and even the superficial stuff.
I miss Sunday afternoons, sitting on the floor, with our big bowl of bean dip and big cup of Dr. Pepper, watching whatever could mildly entertain us if we actually watched it.
Believe it or not, I think it’s fun when you move. I have fun spending the day with you, Brandon, and usually Lynn and eating Pizza when it’s time for a break.
I love that, whatever I do, no matter how dumb it may be, I know you'll still love me and be there for me. Even when I make bad decisions that later make me cry, you're still there to listen to me and sympathize without judgment.
While around some people I feel insecure and like a major dork, you make me feel normal and like I want to embrace the things that do make me a dork. Maybe it's because those things that make me a dork make you laugh.
I love that we don't feel competitive or threatened by each other. I love that we can have best friends and still know that no one will replace you. To this day, I find it odd people worried about me when you got married and started having kids. Besides thinking, "There goes our Sunday afternoon bean dip times." it never occurred to me to be anything but happy. Look at all I've gained! Brandon is wonderful and I adore your kids and love to be with your family about as much as I love to be with you.
I'm so glad mom and dad let you work at Lagoon with me. That really gave us both something special to relate to.
I'm so thankful that our lives have still allowed us to go to lunch every Monday to cover the silly little details of our weeks. While I say silly, it means the world to me and I would hate for it to be any other way. I love the way you listen to me and relate to me, even when I start going over very unnecessary details. It must get painfully boring, but you never show it.
Anyway, I’m sorry I didn’t think of a specific interesting story that I could tell here. But these are just some of the things I think of when I think of you.

Sheri said...

Aw...*sniff* *sniff* Thanks D! You basically covered everything that I would say about you, so re-read that and apply it to you, because I feel the same way! You weren't at all a bad sister when I was younger, because I'm quite certain I was a total brat, incredibly annoying and very hard to deal with. And you're right, it's your dorkiness (and mine, and Lynn's) that make me laugh and laugh and I simply LOVE it! The bean dip days...oh how I still miss them! (Since Brandon is no fun and won't eat it on the floor with me) Thanks for all your sweet memories and comments. I needed to hear all that today.

LIZ said...

I love the days you were in the office. You were alway happy and made a great start to my day. I love how funny and sweet you are.

Another memory I have of you is at the casino night you and the other office girls got dresses up and served everyone refreshments. That we a really good year. Thanks for so many wonderful memories.