I may have mentioned before that my little 6-year-old McKenna is already boy crazy. I know, we're doomed. So she's had a crush on this little boy in our ward, who's also in her kindergarten class, for quite awhile now. Apparently the feeling is mutual. McKenna recently informed me that he has asked her to marry him and even kissed her on the lips. Oh my. Am I horrible? I think its the cutest thing in the world and I tease McKenna about it every chance I get. It is SO hard to not encourage this kind of behavior when they're just so stinkin' cute and innocent. I just can't stop myself asking about her little "boyfriend" and talking to her like we're both teenagers. I can't wait until she's actually old enough that I can talk to her about her dating life and not feel guilty for thinking it's so great. Of course, by then, she'll want nothing to do with talking to me about boys she's interested in. I did become a parent long enough to inform McKenna that she can't kiss boys until she's at least 16 (though I wanted to say 21) and that she can't get married at age 6. To which she replied, "We're not going to get married now Mom. When we're OLDER." (Spoken in the annoyed voice of a teenager...when did my daugther turn 13?) There's more drama than this though. Bridger (the boyfriend fore mentioned) also has a big crush on McKenna's friend, Sydney. My poor daughter is already being two-timed. This must all start earlier with every generation.
On the field trip, I managed to get a picture of the happy couple. I think they were mortified I was making them stand alone together in a picture.
Now I know you're all thinking it...although she is standing a little uphill from him in the picture, she really is THAT much taller than him. If I'm being honest, I really hope she'll pick a new love interest soon. McKenna is very tall for her age and Bridger is very short for his age. I think they look at least 2 years apart in age, but love is blind. He is a very cute little boy, even if McKenna towers over him like a giant. My daughter is seriously growing up too fast.
Emergency Placement Call
3 months ago

2 comments:
What? McKenna's engaged? Man! Isn't it bad enough that my younger sister, Marissa, and Vanessa beat me to married/family stuff, but McKenna too? She's 26 years younger than me! Ugh... But, Bridger does have the eyes and a smile to melt a girl's heart. And McKenna is of course perfect in every way. I guess I can't blame either of them. :)
And this was a very funny blog!
It true. Caden will be jealous. I better not let him see this. Its ok, we better wait a few years anyway, he's not too into the kissing thing yet.
Post a Comment